Monday, December 16, 2013

Tis the season...

So, we are in December? When did that happen? (I know it happened 16 days ago...so don't try to be funny...lol). That means we are at that time of our year when we reflect on the past year and start to set goals and plan for the next year. Well, some people do...and for one of the first times, EVER, I feel like I need to actually have some goals for this next year. I don't know if it's because I am almost 32 and feel like I need to act like an adult or what it is. I am a Christian, so these goals are set by God through prayer because if it were up to me my goals would be: eat as much chocolate as possible in one sitting, try all different coffee flavors in the world, watch the entire Gilmore Girls show in one week, try speaking in an accent for the entire year. But unfortunately those are not my goals this year. One of them is to actually journal...I have always liked the idea of journaling and I would ask for a journal for Christmas, do it for like a week then "forget" to journal for like 8 months. I think the reason is that I was doing it "wrong." I seriously didn't know what the importance of journaling was so I would get board and quit. For some odd reason it has taken me at LEAST 7 years to get a revelation on why to journal and the reason behind it. Yes, I have been trying to journal that long and have failed that many years in a row, don't judge me.

This year I am not necessarily keeping a journal but documenting the year. Not just the events that occur, while that's ok if that is your purpose for keeping a journal, but mine is to document what God is going to teach me, speak to me and show me this year. He has spoken to me through Scripture but this year I am supposed to write those revelations down. He has spoken through me to other people and I am supposed to document what He says to them ESPECIALLY when they are things that are yet to happen. I am supposed to document all of the prayers that have been answered and miracles that I have seen. I am excited to look back on 2014 and actually have more than a week written in it. And please excuse me if I share more through this blog than I have in the past maybe that will be a side effect of keeping a journal...

For me, this is my direction. How do you journal and why is it important to you? I would love to hear from you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment