Thursday, April 28, 2011

"You are a priority to Me."

I was walking tonight and I was praying while I was walking and God put this on my heart.
“You are a priority to me.”
When you are praying you aren’t waiting in a long line to get God’s attention, He is always listening to you. When you open your mouth and speak He hears you, when you step out in faith He sees you when you cry He counts every tear. I love the scripture, “…for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deut 31:6)
God is concerned about all that you do, from the small to the big things in life, He cares. If we weren’t a priority to Him He would never have given humanity a million chances to be the people He created us to be. He sent Jesus to take the punishment that was meant for you and me. Back at the garden of Eden He could have been like, “peace out fools, you’re on your own!” (God talks to me like that in case you were wondering). But He didn’t. He made them a promise that there would be one to save humanity, and He sent His own son. Personally, if you have kids try to imagine doing that. Tell one of your kids that they are going to be beaten until they were no longer recognizable, spit on, ridiculed, abandoned by those closest to them, rejected, then hung on a cross for a crime they didn’t commit. I couldn’t do that, sorry we would all would be going to hell if it was in my hands…But God didn’t do that and neither did Jesus, He said, “not my wil,l but yours be done.” You were a priority to Jesus. He died so you could live eternally in the presence of God.
Side note: I have always wanted to know what it would be like to walk on a street of gold, and do we need to walk or can we tella-port places and fly? I can’t wait to find out.
If you think that you have been forgotten about, you haven’t. You are a priority to God. Hang in there, your answer is on its way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment